MBBS, FRACS (NEUROSURGERY)
Gavin Davis is Adjunct Professor at the University of Notre Dame Australia, a member of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia (NSA), an international member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) in the USA, and former Chair of Medical Staff at Cabrini Hospital. Gavin Davis holds University appointments with the University of Melbourne, the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute; and is a member of the Australian Football League (AFL) Concussion Working Group.
- Surgery for Brain Tumours, including gliomas, astrocytomas, meningiomas and metastases.
- Surgical Treatment of Cerebral Aneurysms
- Surgery for Cervical & Lumbar Disc Disease
- Management of Concussion and Sports-related Head Injury
- Frameless Stereotactic Craniotomy
- Hydrocephalus, including endoscopic third ventriculostomy
- Surgery of Peripheral Nerve and Brachial Plexus (Entrapments, Tumours and Injuries)
- Surgical Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia and Hemifacial Spasm (Microvascular Decompression)
- Surgery for Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Further information about these conditions is available via the menu links above, or click here
Peripheral Nerve Surgery
In addition to a strong clinical expertise in Brachial Plexus Surgery and peripheral nerve surgery, Gavin Davis has a major research interest in tumours of peripheral nerves, including Pancoast tumours, and has lectured at major International Neurosurgical Conferences, and published journal articles on peripheral nerve surgery in major national & international neurosurgical journals.
Gavin Davis has an active research interest in Sports-related concussion, including concussion in adults and children, and has lectured at the International Conference on Concussion in Sport, at FIFA HQ in Zurich, and is a member of the AFL Concussion Working Group, developing the AFL Concussion Guidelines.
To view some of the publications on concussion
Academic Publications by Gavin Davis
Professor Gavin Davis has published clinical and research findings in Journal Articles in National and International Journals, and has written a number of book chapters.
To see a sample of some of these journal and book publications by Gavin Davis click here